Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Sure Where This Post Belongs...
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 19 2008, 09:06 AM Wrote:Just as a FYI for anyone running the H13 / 9008 headlight bulb series:

I have found an American reseller who doesn't seem to have any problem shipping Sylvania Silverstar H13s (or likely any other bulbs) to Canadian destinations.

As you might remember, I've been on a tear looking for basic customization parts for my 2008 Escape. I've since managed to find my K+N filter as well, I just need to order it.

As an example, Ford vehicles alone with H13s for 2008 MY - Econoline/Club Wagon, Escape, Expedition, Explorer, Sport Trac, F150, F250-550, Focus and Mustang (no HIDs). This was gleaned from the Sylvania.com automotive bulb replacement guide.

If you need H13s (or any Silverstars at all) and you want to save some cash (looks to be approximately 1/3 less cash after shipping, ask seller for your price), let me know. I will PM you his name and email. I'm not even making a commission on this, I'm just trying to help out some friends who might want better-than-stock bulbs. You might want to "do something" about your DRLs if they're running on your headlights, though.

I am indeed running my new Sylvania Silverstar H13s and I'm quite happy with them!

Steve / Anthony / Kev / Daniel, if this post needs to be moved, please do so!

Thanks fellas.

Adam
[right][snapback]267319[/snapback][/right]

I was looking for after market bulbs, like the PIAA but I was told at "truck world" in Hamilton they have a problem with melting the wirring harness from running way to hot. Ive hears that the silverstars burn out after a couple of months, Adam let me know if they last a while, if so I will pick aup a set.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]

Messages In This Thread
Not Sure Where This Post Belongs... - Canadian ST - 06-20-2008, 05:36 AM
Not Sure Where This Post Belongs... - naz - 06-20-2008, 06:09 AM
Not Sure Where This Post Belongs... - naz - 06-20-2008, 09:31 AM