Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Lower Stress Bar From Focussport
thenorm,Jul 2 2008, 02:02 PM Wrote:
mister_bin,Jun 24 2008, 10:39 AM Wrote:Nah should take you longer then 45 minutes to put on about the same time as a rear sway bar... Your going to need a heavy duty impact gun though none of this mickey mouse crap your looking at  at least 600 ft lbs in reverse with a min of a 30 gallon compressor.. with the usual jack prybars hammers and so on and so on...
[right][snapback]267736[/snapback][/right]

i disagree. the 2 bolts u need to remove only are 150lb ft.
i just did poly bushings last month, and i had to remove those exact bolts.

btw i did it in my driveway with jackstands and hand tools.

this is very easy and doable to install.

in fact i think im gonna build my own bar (the design is so simple)
[right][snapback]268076[/snapback][/right]

Its actually 150 ft lbs its i believe 85 ft lbs then you put a 90 degree rotation putting it between 150 -180 ft lbs... Its a bit different and the bolts are 1 time use only but i've heard from Focus sport that they can be re used.

150 ft lbs its the problem its the rust and the bolt seizing up.. I've rebuilt the front suspension on my cousins focus and those bolts wouldn't budge with out my impact.... but it was from 2000 and it had almost 200,000 km...

Another case was when i did the front brakes on my freind protoge.. The Caliper bridge bolts were speced to 65 ft lbs.. try taking them out by hand...

Even when i rebuilt my front sway bar endlinks those are speced at 68 ft lbs and i needed my gun to break them loose then with a 1/2 open socket i was able to take off the nut... Its not just the ft lbs its the corrosion and how the metal has become seized...
Professional Certified Nut Case...

Messages In This Thread
New Lower Stress Bar From Focussport - mister_bin - 07-04-2008, 05:02 AM