Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Lower Stress Bar From Focussport
Canadian ST,Jul 2 2008, 09:32 AM Wrote:Mine came with a 20mm rear swaybar. I was looking at the 22mm progress bar, you did notice a difference with the front and rear strut bars then? The reason I'm asking is I hears they are just for show? But since you have them installed you would know best. what does the rear strut bar do? I think its just a brace of some sort, that ties in the shocks. I was very happy with the way my car handles when I first got it, now I'm bored, so your help you be appreciated
[right][snapback]268058[/snapback][/right]
i installed both the front and rear stress bars at different times. i did notice an improvement with the front one, it may be more show than go as the difference was not as significant compared to when i installed the rear sway bar. however when i installed the rear stress bar there was a noticeable difference. i think you have to put the front/rear ones in at the same tme to see the best gains.

as for what the rear stress bar dose it bolts onto the spot welds where the shock towers are, along the sides. and it takes the flex out of the body. my suspension is still stock (springs, shocks) but with the 50 series tires i nagged my dad for from his zx5 and the bars installed, it takes corners pretty good. i cant wait to see what its like with the drop im getting.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.

Messages In This Thread
New Lower Stress Bar From Focussport - Spinal - 07-04-2008, 06:32 AM