Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eibach Sway Bar Installation Hitting Issues
paulicat,Aug 25 2008, 09:49 AM Wrote:
ZTWsquared,Aug 24 2008, 12:33 PM Wrote:
lintlars,Aug 24 2008, 05:04 AM Wrote:Ok I just installed my eibach sway bar set front and rear with new end links in front now under hard left hand cornering the exhaust is hitting enouh to dent the heat sheild under the car, with the car in the air the muffler has .5"-3/4" of clearance I cannot physically make it hit were its hitting? My only idea is maybe the motor mounts are flexing under the hard cornering causing the muffler to hit? I checked everything twice now and everthing is were is supposed to be,It also does this coming into my driveway? Any ideas has anyone had this issue before?
Thanks
edit the muffler is under the vehicle not at the rear
[right][snapback]270987[/snapback][/right]
I remember reading a post somewhere (sorry, don't remember exactly) but someone said that the front swaybar install required the loosening of the exhaust to allow the subframe to drop and when it was reinstalled it was put back moved slightly forward which caused it to hit the car ... might have been Anton (paulicat)
[right][snapback]270997[/snapback][/right]

Yea that was me.
In fact, I'm getting a mechanic to look at it today. I thought initially it was rubbing against the floorboards, but after this mornings drive to drop the car off I'm fairly sure its hitting somewhere in the engine compartment. Also, after some quick searching at FF.com I found a thread about the same issue (exhaust rubs against eibach swaybar after swaybar install, sorry can't find thread second time 'round).
I'll update you once the mechanic sees where the rubbings happening.
[right][snapback]271045[/snapback][/right]

Ya mines not rubbing the sway bars it does not even come close my guess is the motor mounts are old and weak 250Kms causing the motor to flex and causing the exhaust to hit.

Messages In This Thread
Eibach Sway Bar Installation Hitting Issues - lintlars - 08-26-2008, 12:08 PM