Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I Born Under An Unlocky Star?
NefCanuck,Sep 9 2008, 11:08 AM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Sep 9 2008, 02:12 AM Wrote:Well Daniel, I'll join the "I'm glad you're OK" crowd; sucks for the Fusion but it can be replaced if need be.
[right][snapback]271923[/snapback][/right]

Thanks, a bit stiff & sore this morning after the adrenaline wore off (I was bouncing off the walls last night until 1AM :ph34r:

True enough that cars can be replaced (I'm sure it'll be repaired in this case though, I can't see it costing more to fix than a 6 month old car is worth) I'm just PO'ed because I'd only just had the first oil change on the thing :(

The car is going to be fixed by the bodyshop that Dixie uses (Atlantic) but when I called the broker this AM the broker was already saying things like "Atlantic work isn't the best, we have a lot of return visits... yadda yadda"

At this point if the insurance company acts in an unreasonable fashion, when it clearly isn't my fault I'll pay the cost of the repairs and take them to court to get my money back <_< I refuse to be out a car nearly a month again :angry:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]271976[/snapback][/right]

Here's my take on it, and I'm spared the chaser tow truck s*** cause I live in North Bay... damn I hate chasers. Always have, always will.

Also, and I'll say it in caps cause it matters:

WHERE YOU TAKE YOUR CAR FOR REPAIRS IS YOUR CHOICE AND SHOULD BE YOUR CHOICE ALONE. JUST BECAUSE A CHASER SHOWS UP AND TALKS YOU INTO THE TOW DOESN'T MEAN THAT HIS REPAIR/BODY SHOP IS THE BEST OR ANY GOOD AT ALL.

Got that folks? Let's not forget the percentile ("points") given to chasers and indeed most tow truck drivers for cars dropped off at bodyshops. This probably applies even to the Carstar shops down there these days but you know what? Corporate image, corporate face to save. In my opinion (and this includes 4 years in the towing industry dispatching and 15+ years by association through my family), you're better off dealing with accredted facilities that have more to lose than you do. It keeps them fairly honest.

Take it to your servicing dealer's bodyshop. Carstar Collision centres are great places (normally), plus the fact they're tied in to the dealer gives them more of a public and identifiable face. This tends to make them more accountable.

I've had a bit of grief with the Stockfish Carstar centre before, but I straightened them out and they were great. They've also handled all my paint fixes and such, pre-delivery cleanups... great service.

Again, it's great service cause there's a "s*** rolls downhill" scenario for them if they fail. For some random bodyshop, who are they accountable to? NO ONE.

Personally, Daniel I'd get it out of Atlantic. If you want a reliable, honest shop out your way, PM me. I can make some calls. LOL yes, from up here. :P
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
Am I Born Under An Unlocky Star? - j3rt - 09-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Am I Born Under An Unlocky Star? - Dimitri - 09-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Am I Born Under An Unlocky Star? - oldeguy - 09-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Am I Born Under An Unlocky Star? - ZX3_2NV - 09-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Am I Born Under An Unlocky Star? - NOS2Go4Me - 09-10-2008, 01:51 AM
Am I Born Under An Unlocky Star? - ZX3_2NV - 09-11-2008, 12:42 AM
Am I Born Under An Unlocky Star? - ZX3_2NV - 09-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Am I Born Under An Unlocky Star? - dBlast - 10-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Am I Born Under An Unlocky Star? - ZX3_2NV - 10-17-2008, 12:58 AM
Am I Born Under An Unlocky Star? - ZX3_2NV - 10-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Am I Born Under An Unlocky Star? - ZX3_2NV - 10-23-2008, 12:26 AM