Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road Trip To The East Coast
NikiterZTS,Sep 15 2008, 08:28 AM Wrote:you were driving that Saab eh.....

i test drove the same black one turbo wagon at Saab dealer a couple weeks back....and it had the biggest turbo lag i ever experienced.......it felt like the car was done tuned where WRX wagon just felt more sportier.....

nice interior though

i traveled to the East cost twice in the car.....loved it......and just came back from the work trip.....that was my 3rd time but we took a plane ofcourse
[right][snapback]272415[/snapback][/right]
I found the car drove exactly like a WRX engine wise. Car is a bit heavier, but I don't think you'd really notice that. But then, it was also my first turbo car. I'm not sure what you mean by "done tuned" though...

I think I was the only Saabaru for hundreds or possibly thousands of kms out there haha. I don't think I saw a car anywhere that required 91 octane, as I could barely find gas stations that had it half the time. They'd generally have one at the start of a fun route and at the end. And if you didn't fill up there you'd be hard pressed to find some elsewhere. Or if you did they were out.... But maybe that's just me too busy staring at scenery and not gas stations.

Focus man, Focus.,Sep 15 2008, 09:52 AM Wrote:Mmmmm Lick A Chick.  Good food there.  So you went to Glace Bay.  My Ex has family there.  One thing I learned while in town.  Its not the end of the world, but you can see it from there.  :rofl:

You got some great pictures, beautiful scenery out east.
[right][snapback]272422[/snapback][/right]
lol you really can see the end of the world... Some of the houses on the cliffs looked like they were going to lose the land they were sitting on soon though. The road had washed out in one place. You can see it here. It obviously happened quite a while back, but still.

NOS2Go4Me,Sep 15 2008, 10:17 AM Wrote:Great pics - is #9297 in/near Fundy Nat'l Park on Hwy 101?

I want to go back again some day, and the Escape seems to be the near-perfect ride to do it with.

The perfect ride would be a 1991-1995 Porsche 911 Carerra 4 S. ;)

It's good to see your little cruise missile had some decent mileage, too.
[right][snapback]272428[/snapback][/right]
#9297 would be from Cape Breton Island. Not exactly sure of the location on the road though. I wanted to geotag as many pics as I could, but can't manage to locate them well enough. It really was a nice cruise, once you got to the fun roads, there was not a cop in sight. Now I don't expect that to always be the case, as there are some places for them. But still it was nice.

I drafted a bit to get my mileage. Not tailgating of course, I had distance and could still see the trucks mirrors for the most part. So I could easily have gotten better mileage as at that distance the draft is pretty much lost. But it helped.

I would love to do the drive again in a proper sports car. I was thinking, why don't they do something like the Isle of Mann out there, but I suppose it's quite a lot longer around say for example, Cape Breton Island. But the roads just seemed so perfect for speeding on. Hell half the corners felt like they were banked and egging you on to go faster and faster until you see the cliff off the edge and a 35 km/h sign while going perhaps a bit faster than one should enter a 35 km/h corner...
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero

Messages In This Thread
Road Trip To The East Coast - Aka - 09-15-2008, 06:30 PM
Road Trip To The East Coast - NikiterZTS - 09-15-2008, 10:28 PM
Road Trip To The East Coast - Canadian ST - 09-16-2008, 12:14 AM
Road Trip To The East Coast - NOS2Go4Me - 09-16-2008, 12:17 AM
Road Trip To The East Coast - Aka - 09-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Road Trip To The East Coast - NikiterZTS - 09-16-2008, 01:55 AM
Road Trip To The East Coast - Aka - 09-16-2008, 02:45 AM
Road Trip To The East Coast - mo_focus - 09-17-2008, 02:38 AM
Road Trip To The East Coast - Aka - 09-17-2008, 01:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads...