Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steeda Goodies Finally Arrived
ZTWsquared,Nov 16 2008, 09:45 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Nov 15 2008, 05:07 PM Wrote:In terms of what's next, I'm definitely looking at a bodykit, 3D Carbon makes a nice one (Not too over the top, but it does tidy up the car nicely)

Also looking at deleting the chrome on the front end, but here I'm not sure which way I want to go, either buying the SAP grille parts and installing those, or getting another stock Fusion grille and having it painted body colour.  Right now leaning towards the SAP grille option because even paying for the install it would be cheaper and less costly to maintain than the painted grille)

Wheels are also high on my list, I want black wheels to go with the car (I'll likely stick to 17"s, I like my ride comfort too much :P)

I want to do an exhaust, but this is another tricky ara, no one does the AWD exhaust at all.  If I get something done it would have to be custom made and I'd probably hit up MBRP and pay them to do it as the MBRP sound is something I really miss from the Focus.

Get all that done and then short of somehow shoehorning a 427 motor in there I'm done :P :D

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]276504[/snapback][/right]
In looking up stuff for other folks I've come to realize that parts are generally more expensive for the Fusion then they are for the Focus - even parts that for you might think should be similar.

Not to put a damper on your plans but the black/chrome grill is almost 3.5 times the cost of the regular chrome one (at least from my source) - so I would expect it to be the same up here.

There's a niche car manufacturer out there (forget the name) that uses a twin-turbo version of the Duratec30 for their sports car and IIRC it puts out more power than a 427 - so all it takes really is money.
[right][snapback]276576[/snapback][/right]

Yes, the Fusion has more expensive parts, I put that down to a number of things including fewer sales than the Focus which limits the market for parts and lack of commonality amongst the rest of the Ford line (Other than the Mustang wheels, the Fusion, due to its Mazda heritage, is a bit of an odd duck in the Ford lineup parts wise for goodies, though Steeda is certainly trying to help.

As to the grille issue, I know the SAP grille is pricey, but prep and painting a stock grille setup is at best a wash in comparison (At least the bodyshops I checked who would even take on such an oddball project)

It just strikes me that if I'm going to the expense of a bodykit, I should tackle the grille at the same time :unsure:

NefCanuck

Messages In This Thread
Steeda Goodies Finally Arrived - NefCanuck - 11-15-2008, 01:36 AM
Steeda Goodies Finally Arrived - reldridge - 11-15-2008, 05:17 AM
Steeda Goodies Finally Arrived - Dimitri - 11-16-2008, 03:52 AM
Steeda Goodies Finally Arrived - NOS2Go4Me - 11-16-2008, 06:03 AM
Steeda Goodies Finally Arrived - NefCanuck - 11-16-2008, 06:57 AM
Steeda Goodies Finally Arrived - NefCanuck - 11-16-2008, 07:07 AM
Steeda Goodies Finally Arrived - NefCanuck - 11-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Steeda Goodies Finally Arrived - fatphocus - 12-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Steeda Goodies Finally Arrived - NOS2Go4Me - 12-08-2008, 10:22 PM