Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick Mercer's Rant On Snow Tires..
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 26 2008, 01:34 PM Wrote:I re-iterate my previous comments: BAN ALL-SEASON TIRES. Grandfather them until the stocks run out and then sell only summer and winter tires. Fire the scientists and Transport Canada bureaucrats who allowed us to drive snowflake-stamped all-season rubber all these years.

Hell, let's sue them! They told us the tires were safe to drive on. They allowed those tires to be declared safe! What's the difference now? New science? Not good enough for me! Let a court decide!

You can drive safely in winter conditions with snowflake-stamped all-season tires. You can drive safely in winter conditions with M+S (mud and snow) stamped tires. Those are tires that follow the LAWS and regulations laid out by this country, and until they change the laws we will continue on as we have been told!

It's one thing to drive around on something the government hasn't certified as safe in the winter. It's another entirely to drive around on tires that the government allows to be stamped as safe for our winter conditions.

It's real simple: admit you were wrong all this time (the government) and ban the future sales of ALL all-season tires. No exceptions for heavy trucks or anything. We're all equal in this country, regardless of where you live and it's about high time we started acting like it. No unilateral provincial declarations should be necessary. If anything, they're laughable and show just how divided we all are here. Do it now and do it federally.

Ryan - please keep your gene pool doggie paddlers out that way... we don't need them around here - kthx. :P :lol:

EDIT - in deference to Nate's obviously well thought-out, yet unsaid, argument - snow tires ARE technically safer! So is painting a tank orange and so is a large safety button on a handgun.

The bottom line is that all are dangerous. Snow tires don't make cars less dangerous. Snow tires allow good drivers to drive even better and they give dumbass drivers a better chance of survival. Technically I guess they give us ALL a better chance of survival. So, just like 3-wheeled ATVs - BAN ALL SEASON TIRES!
[right][snapback]277157[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

Messages In This Thread
Rick Mercer's Rant On Snow Tires.. - Aka - 11-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Rick Mercer's Rant On Snow Tires.. - ANTHONYD - 11-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Rick Mercer's Rant On Snow Tires.. - DD1 - 11-29-2008, 04:22 AM