Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Us Auto Bailout: D O A Into The Senate
My ass the media has all the facts.

Fact #1 We have a contract. A contract that was settled early here in Canada at the request and insitance of the Big 3. The government approached the UAW for concessions, which they were willing to give, under a new contract that the big 3 were not willing to negotiate now in the US. It failed because no one knows what is going to happen and when.
Fact #2 US automakers pay their employees that are unionized $27.85 US per hour on average. The non-unionized empoyees make $23.80 on average. Where the difference in costs lie is the non-unionized employees don't have retirement cost as of yet because many of the Japanese carmakers force their employees out before the 10 years of service gives them a pension. Also, many of the Japanese automakers haven't been in NA iassmebling product for 10 years and don't have to concrn themselves with pension costs just yet. So it's not really a fair comparison.

Are we at the plant willing to chop our wages, by say 10-15%. I would say yes. Are we willing to keep our wages frozen when the Big 3 start making profits again(as Ford has clearly stated they will be a profitable company come 2011 with or without assistance). f*** NO. We are willing to help but when the cash starts flowing we want our wages reinstated and then some.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.

Messages In This Thread
Us Auto Bailout: D O A Into The Senate - meford4u - 12-13-2008, 09:41 AM