Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Us Auto Bailout: D O A Into The Senate
GFXjamie,Dec 28 2008, 05:47 PM Wrote:you are taking it all completely wrong. first off, this is the internet. second of all, im not saying its any of the workers fault at all here. everyone needs to make money, its just that the unions have pushed and pulled so much over the years that it has made it very difficult for the big 3 to be major competitors and you cant disagree with that. i will agree they have many problems past this but it more of a hinderance if anything. take it how you want. 30+ yr old e thugs FTL
[right][snapback]278839[/snapback][/right]
Let's talk facts jackass.

First. The senate asked that in order to get the cash, they wanted the UAW to take a cut in pay. The companies didn't want to renegotiate the contracts and didn't push for a change in the contracts at this time. What does that say? They are happy with the current status and don't feel that the workers or the union are the source of the issue. The labour cost in the price of a car is, on average about $1200 US. Shocking?
Second. The real issue is credit. Can't get credit and can't sell to a customer because they can't get credit. Simple, huh? Not the union at fault, the big banks and greedy American public for accepting loans for 1.5 times what their house was actually worth.
Third. The unions pushed us, the workers, to accept a contract where we took concessions. Not something we wanted to do nor accepted in Oakville where things were going well. Forsight into the future for the union? Maybe. But well excuted at this point in time they look like genious' as they have shown the public that we have given financially to the company and are willing to do our part.
Fourth. I am an e thug. Keep it up and I'll tell you all about your Mom last night.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.

Messages In This Thread
Us Auto Bailout: D O A Into The Senate - meford4u - 12-29-2008, 11:11 AM