Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stripping, Painting, And Installing Zx3 Skirts
reldridge,Feb 17 2009, 03:24 PM Wrote:One thing to note, you'll need to either modify the skirts or use the inner-fender retainer from a ZX3 to hold them on at the front. The one for a non-skirt car is shorter, so it doesn't snap in as it should. :) I used a utility knife and trimmed it a little on each side to hold on better.

Ryan
[right][snapback]281287[/snapback][/right]

I am not sure I follow you. Maybe I will once I go to install them. Will I need to trim the inner fender liner or the skirt cap on the front end? These are a little rough as they have been on and off another Focus a couple times as they have been painted yellow. I would think they were on a ZX3 as all of the little clips along the inside of the skirt were intact.

What would you think about putting some rivets in along the seam where the rockers meet the floor? You know along where the jacking points are, good idea or bad idea? But that is something I can worry about when it gets warmer. I need to sand, prep and paint them first.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.

Messages In This Thread
Stripping, Painting, And Installing Zx3 Skirts - Focus man. Focus. - 02-19-2009, 01:10 PM