Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stripping, Painting, And Installing Zx3 Skirts
Frost__2001,Feb 24 2009, 09:50 AM Wrote:
Scorcher000,Feb 23 2009, 10:08 PM Wrote:Sounds cool. For your signals you should get some of those orange LED lights from truck stop like the Husly or Fifthwheel. Very bright and original.
[right][snapback]281582[/snapback][/right]

those look like s***, not to mention if you wire them up with out the correct relay they will flash fast, like when a light bulb is burnt out.

If anything look for some stock OEM European headlights Kev, I know you can get a set of 2002 facelift lights in the silver from the "forbidden site" (lol) for about $300 CAD, but I'd highly recommend getting them shipped over night as you'll get them in about 3 days, and you'll actually get them in perfect shape. I think shipping on my ST's were about $115 back then.. should not be too much now I think. On the plus side the OEM european lights are better looking and have a fantasic lighting, not to mention the intergrated signel. Since you have the 98 trend grille from nik, you should concider the European CAI cover as it is designed to direct air into your intake, and fit over the grille better then the american one.

lol also thanks for the mention in the OP lol :lol:
[right][snapback]281595[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, I am trying to stay away from spending more money than I have to. With the baby and a 7 year old and a wife on Mat Leave, things are a little tight. I can live with the way it is for the time being. Maybe a set of lights will come up for sale here in the near future. But I can not justify to the wife that I need to spend $400+ on a new set of headlights when mine are doing fine ATM.

As for the CAI, I have a K&N Typhoon intake and there is no need for the snorkle. It just sucks air from around the engine. I still have my stock one in there and it isn't hooked up to anything. Not sure if it actually helps or not, but I am not to concerned about it. It just sounds nice. :P
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.

Messages In This Thread
Stripping, Painting, And Installing Zx3 Skirts - Focus man. Focus. - 02-25-2009, 02:24 AM