Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caught A Service Tech In A Lie
ANTHONYD,Mar 8 2009, 07:51 AM Wrote:You have to remember Feral. The people on this forum are a rarity. Especially to techs at dealerships. It's not often they get a phone call from somebody that knows as much about the car and it's warrantees as they do. (sometimes more) Most people don't join forums, learn everything they can etc.... about their cars.

He probably thought there is no way this guy can tell me I'm wrong. I'm a tech etc....

He figured you would have said okay and 5 min. later he would have been booking you in for a 1000 dollar appointment.

I'm not sticking up for him, he probably thought you were ignorant.

I love the look on the techs faces when I use the "lingo" correctly.
[right][snapback]282285[/snapback][/right]

yeah well this particular person took my poor mom around the block on overpricing and giving her the run around... it took 3 visits and 3 visits before I blew a cork and nearly tore him a new one oh yeah in total it cost my mom near $1300 to fix a stalling problem

and as for people not joining or knowing this info that needs to change this is a fansite thats supposed to help people (like the quote below my reply)

lintlars,Mar 8 2009, 09:35 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Mar 8 2009, 05:51 AM Wrote:You have to remember Feral. The people on this forum are a rarity. Especially to techs at dealerships. It's not often they get a phone call from somebody that knows as much about the car and it's warrantees as they do. (sometimes more) Most people don't join forums, learn everything they can etc.... about their cars.

He probably thought there is no way this guy can tell me I'm wrong. I'm a tech etc....

He figured you would have said okay and 5 min. later he would have been booking you in for a 1000 dollar appointment.

I'm not sticking up for him, he probably thought you were ignorant.

I love the look on the techs faces when I use the "lingo" correctly.
[right][snapback]282285[/snapback][/right]

I never new about the spring recall Ive got one with a colasped spring right now Ill have to give Ford a call.
Thanks
[right][snapback]282321[/snapback][/right]

yup there Voluntarily recalled by ford they won't replace unless it breaks
(or as they put it they extended the warranty coverage on JUST the spring)

if the spring Fails within 10years or 150,000 MILES (or 240,000kms) (whichever comes first) ford will replace both front springs free of charge even if your not the original owner or your original warranty expired
Wagon #1- 01 SE Zetec Wagon (Harvest Gold) - Accident (Pillar Damage) Being transplanted into Wagon 2
Wagon #2- 01 SE Zetec Wagon (Harvest Gold) - (Being Parted) New Body for Wagon 1
Wagon #3- 02 SE Zetec Wagon (Twilight Blue)

Messages In This Thread
Caught A Service Tech In A Lie - Feral - 03-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Caught A Service Tech In A Lie - ANTHONYD - 03-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Caught A Service Tech In A Lie - lintlars - 03-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Caught A Service Tech In A Lie - 06gtpony - 03-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Caught A Service Tech In A Lie - Feral - 03-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Caught A Service Tech In A Lie - Feral - 03-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Caught A Service Tech In A Lie - Feral - 03-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Caught A Service Tech In A Lie - QWKRN-U - 03-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Caught A Service Tech In A Lie - paolo - 03-17-2009, 12:59 PM