Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Either Im Unlucky, Or Just Cursed
Well.....

I was having some problems with my car with regards to performance and how it was running... well two nights ago confirmed my suspicions about what was going on.

So I was on my way to the girl friends place wednesday night, was low on gas so i threw in a couple bucks as i was running short the day b4 pay day. Got around the corner from her house and it starts making a hell of a lot of noise, then dies.

So first thing i did was checked my oil. was all good. Next thing i checked was coolant and it was perfect. I checked my gauges and temp was within normal range. Checked under the car for anything leaking... no dice. Well after i pretty well checked the car top to bottom i decided i mite as well call road side assistance.

While waiting for mr tow truck driver i tried starting the car and it wudnt turn over at all. my first thoughts are.... s*** its seized. well mr tow truck arrives and we try to boost it with his truck and it turns over. Wont fire at all mind you. So we decide to get it taken over to wayne pitman ford and they can deal with it the next day.

So the tow truck driver didnt bother leaving any of the info i gave him about the car there, just dropped it and ran. So thursday morning i get a call

Tech: Hi, It seems we have a car here of yours...
Me: You sir are correct
Tech: Um... Why is it here...??
(so now im thinking, what kind of an idiot doesnt realize that the car was dropped off after hours, keys in the drop slot, to maybe go to the car, see if it will start and go from there, check the vin, realize its under warranty do a quick diagnostic and then call me....)
Me: Ya, car decided to stop running while driving it in guelph last night.
Tech: O... ok. I guess we will take a look at it

So i got a call yesterday afternoon. "kevin" tells me that it seems there is a problem with the ECU, and that infact a ground wire on the PCM that controls the coils/ignition has been damaged or something like that. cool w/e get a new ECU and fix it. well i only have 1 key for my car so i then had to buy a key so they can re program the ECU. Who would of thought, a key is worth over 100$.... ??? stupid chips.

Well i stopped in today to see what the hell is up with the car seeing as how they got the ECU in but hadnt heard since. Turns out now they think it has something to do with the TPS sensor... Here i am thinking BINGO (is his name-o)

So i guess they are now basically going to try replacing every piece of electronics on the car until sometime it gets fixed... i guess ill wait and see what else they decided to replace while they are at it.

The thing im worried about mind you, is that about 30 second B4 it died, I heard what i thought was a loose bolt on my exhaust get 10X as loud as b4, maybe it was the vibration from a dying engine causing the bolt/nut to make a horrible sound, or maybe it was a tick. Along with that, i also saw a metal shaving beside my accessory belt :unsure: so... Ya im not feeling to optimistic right now

God cars are stupid. Anyways, enjoy the read! Ill update as things progress and hopefully my bank account doesnt need to be touched for anything other then the key
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily

Messages In This Thread
Either Im Unlucky, Or Just Cursed - GFXjamie - 05-02-2009, 06:16 AM
Either Im Unlucky, Or Just Cursed - paolo - 05-08-2009, 12:04 PM