Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazing Discovery On My Way To Work This Morning.
ANTHONYD,May 5 2009, 01:04 PM Wrote:I feel for the people who think they're so important they need to be connected to email wherever they go.
[right][snapback]286600[/snapback][/right]

Some of us are quasi-24/7. We NEED to know if a server fails. Some of us support worldwide operations that don't sleep when you add up the locales and time zones. If a reboot will fix things, we can do that remotely. If not, in to the office we go.

Thankfully, most of our satellite offices and wholly-owned subsidiaries that transfer a steady stream of information back and forth with us understand that the "I.T. guys" in North Bay are GMT -4 and do their best to keep up.

When you're global, not only in physical presence but in daily operations and staffing, it's a different story. We run the show from here, we offer worldwide connectivity and we're damn proud of the level of service we offer.

Yet, like I said... I buffer my "after hours" BB time based on severity. I might check it once an hour. Maybe once every two hours. Or perhaps the phone rings and it's our Jakarta office and someone there has forgotten their Citrix Secure Access password. :)

I guess we're "so important" by necessity. :P

I know you weren't "attacking" me, bud. Just putting it out there is all. :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
Amazing Discovery On My Way To Work This Morning. - NOS2Go4Me - 05-06-2009, 04:25 AM