Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ministry Of The Environment -- Pulling Cars
2001 ZTS,May 8 2009, 02:29 PM Wrote:Same act:

Quote:166.  (1)  Whenever a provincial officer is required or empowered by this Act or the regulations to do or direct the doing of anything, such provincial officer may take such steps and employ such assistance as is necessary to accomplish what is required, and may, when obstructed in so doing, call for the assistance of any member of the Ontario Provincial Police Force or the police force in the area where the assistance is required and it is the duty of every member of a police force to render such assistance. R.S.O. 1990, c. E.19, s. 166 (1).

Stop and inspect powers: motor vehicle emissions

(2)  For the purpose of ascertaining whether a system or device installed on, attached to or incorporated in any motor vehicle to prevent or lessen the discharge of any emission is operating in compliance with this Act and the regulations, a provincial officer or a police officer may stop and inspect the motor vehicle.

Same

(3)  An inspection under subsection (2) shall be limited to what is reasonably required to ascertain whether the system or device is operating in compliance with this Act and the regulations.

Same

(4)  In an inspection under subsection (2), the provincial officer or police officer may,

(a) require the driver of the motor vehicle to submit the motor vehicle to such tests at such places and times as the provincial officer or police officer considers reasonable;

(B) require the driver of the motor vehicle to produce any documents, including licenses and permits, related to the operation or ownership of the motor vehicle; and

require the driver of the motor vehicle to operate, use or set in motion the vehicle or any part of the vehicle, under the conditions specified by the provincial officer or police officer.
[right][snapback]286969[/snapback][/right]

I'll remember this every time I'm stuck behind a Chrysler minivan in traffic ... I swear those things must have been exempt from any pollution controls - reminds me of the 70s when I worked in downtown Toronto.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
Ministry Of The Environment -- Pulling Cars - ZTWsquared - 05-09-2009, 05:41 AM