Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Fuel Consumption Standards In United States
^^ See? This divisive thinking gets us nowhere fast.

So, either kill the V8 Mustang as a guzzler or kill the chick-model V6 Mustang, especially since it's using a truck motor that's hardly making 50 BHP/L?

What does that kind of thinking solve? Nothing.

Small SUVs are a wicked "compromise" - decent performance, off-road and soft-road capabilities, hauls 5 adults and dog/gear/stuff nicely.

Base-model Mustang - great for your "chances" with the ladies till a guy in a real "performance vehicle" blows the doors off yours and takes the girl at the same time?

Not so appealing now, are they?

Also, what's the deal with the Cherokee SRT8? Faster than a Mustang of either variety, that's what.

Also, the Hybrid Escape is a great alternative for someone who wants to... gasp... save gas while maintaining winter mobility and carrying a bit of gear at the same time. I'd take my chances on a snowy, twisty road in an Escape over a Mustang any day of the week.

Is that enough, Steveo?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
New Fuel Consumption Standards In United States - NOS2Go4Me - 05-26-2009, 04:17 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nbc Bringing Top Gear Pilot To United States! Frost__2001 10 3,365 02-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Last Post: focuschef71
  European Commission Proposes Strict Fuel Standards Frost__2001 0 870 02-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Frost__2001