Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transmission Starting To Take A Dump..
I think so, anyways.

1-2 shift is good and crisp.

2-3 seems ok also

3-4 it depends on what I'm doing. On normal roads, it sometimes shudders when it shifts. If I'm on the highway and I boot it a bit to pass someone, it seems like it disengages the gear, revs, and eventually hits the next gear.

I'm a bit overdue on a fluid change (checked the fluid yesterday, and its a bit off color and feels slightly gritty [never came across THAT before], but no noticeable burning smell, and not sure if the last time I had it changed that they replaced the filter). Think a clogged/dirty filter could be causing the problem?

I'm thinking of doing a fluid/filter change myself to see if that clears things up.

Yes, a swap would be nice, and I'm not in the market to get rid of my car and buy a new one with a 5 speed. But if you know of anyone who CAN do this sort of thing PROPERLY I'd really consider it because thats what I originally wanted but couldn't wait for one to show up at the stealership when I got this one.

Barring that:
If a fluid/filter change doesn't fix things and a swap is out of the question I want to rebuild it sooner than later -- any recommendations for a GOOD shop? I'm afraid of taking my car to anyone in the yellow pages because I'm very leary of going to a mechanic I don't know (read above on last fluid change).
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA

Messages In This Thread
Transmission Starting To Take A Dump.. - torradan - 05-21-2009, 11:35 PM