Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Fuel Consumption Standards In United States
This will be my last post on the subject, because obviously you guys don't get trucks. I can see by Meford's silence he's either being nice or... horror of horrors, he gets it.

The same could be said about your Mustang - it's a sense of entitlement, no one needs a convertible, it doesn't meet your needs but your wants, etc.

I bought the smallest truck that would haul a week's worth of gear, and the dog. Anything smaller was cargo suicide (i.e. the Hyundai Tuscon? Tucson?) and anything bigger was overkill. It'll tow 3500lbs if I get a hitch, the roof racks are useful, it seats 5 adults comfortably (oh no! friends!) and the dog gets the rear cargo area. It's a vehicle for all-seasons, and as for your off-roading argument - hah. I thought you actually grew up up north. Sad.

The funny thing is, I'm not trying to validate my purchase to you. I'm actually attempting to illustrate the folly in your argument. By driving a completely unnecessary vehicle yourself, you negate your own argument toward me. By your logic, you're a ricer and we should set fire to your car because what's the point in having a sports car and then removing one of its testicles? 2 fewer cylinders and 100HP less makes it what... the Mustang Hybrid wannabe?

Harsh, isn't it? Your argument casts the same stones, Steve.

EDIT - 2007 Mustang Conv V6 - 210HP, 3477 lbs (manual) - 12.1L city, 7.8L highway

2008 Escape Ltd V6 AWD - 200HP, 3547 lbs - 12.6L city, 9.0L highway.

Not so different now, are they?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
New Fuel Consumption Standards In United States - NOS2Go4Me - 05-26-2009, 11:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nbc Bringing Top Gear Pilot To United States! Frost__2001 10 3,201 02-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Last Post: focuschef71
  European Commission Proposes Strict Fuel Standards Frost__2001 0 828 02-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Frost__2001