Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camping Is A Go!: Make A Reservation
Q: Seriously, is there a hotel/motel close by?
A: Yes outside the park (see map) and I belive "lodges" inside, the distance would be in the 10's of km from us, but read more first

Natasha: we couldn't get a fire started.
2001 ZTS: I was an honest to god boy scout and can start a fire by a variety of means including with two flashlight batteries and some steal wool. The quest for fire will not be hard. As well I have a propane stove, butane stove and a liquid gas stove that burns naptha, to unleaded to kerosene. Hot meals will not be a problem.

Natasha: the tent we borrowed leaked. woke up in a huge puddle freezing cold. second time we went opening weekend, and ended up with a wind storm and tree branches falling every where. third trip went to set up the tent and the poles were missing.
2001 ZTS: I have three tents including something called a Eureka Scorpian 4 season with a "fly" (second layer for rain repellancy). It's a serious tent and I am willing to lend. It has a plastic ground sheet as well. Again, it's a hardcore tent costing many hundereds of dollars and can take any wind rain or branches not some cheap POS like it sounds like you had. I will help you erect it.

Similar to: http://www.eurekatentscanada.com/Product....asp?Id=18

Natasha: another camper forgot to pack a sleeping bag forgot to pack a sleeping bag so i gave him half of mine
2001 ZTS: Would you do the same for me? Sounds like the "gee honey, looks like we ran out of gas, what are we going to do now? Gosh my pants are itchy, better take them off" You will be responsible for your own sleeping bag and a self inflating mat (these are best) or a air matress.

Natasha: I don't have the room in my car for all the camping gear.
2001 ZTS: How many in your car? I was going to bring 3 people, all my stuff including two coolers, stove(s), lantern, toys, 3 lawn chairs, 3 sleeping bags 3 self inflating mats, a 4 man tent and 3 bikes in/on my sedan (roof rack for bikes). Modern camping stuff is not like it used to be it's all compact and the quality is outsatnding.

I get the feeling all the volunteers who indicated interest so far have all lots of experience and some quality gear. Again other than a sleeping bag, self inflating mat and a cup and plate I'm sure you could live off the rest of us no problem.

Was I able to change your mind?

EDIT: hot showers and flush toilets are within a 5 minute walk.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!

Messages In This Thread
Camping Is A Go!: Make A Reservation - 2001 ZTS - 02-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Camping Is A Go!: Make A Reservation - DD1 - 02-20-2005, 06:10 AM
Camping Is A Go!: Make A Reservation - DD1 - 02-20-2005, 10:29 AM
Camping Is A Go!: Make A Reservation - DD1 - 02-20-2005, 11:43 AM
Camping Is A Go!: Make A Reservation - DD1 - 02-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Camping Is A Go!: Make A Reservation - DD1 - 02-21-2005, 01:13 AM