Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oddball Rear Brake Noise I've Never Heard Before
I guess that is one way to describe it.

Anyhow, have an 05 with rear drums. Last weekend I replaced the shoes and drums. Everything went just fine, and I've driven it for a week with no issues.

Yesterday I started hearing a little tick type noise when I applied the brakes. Seems to come and go. It was only on one side.

Today it started again, and now its really loud. Doesn't matter if I'm turning left/right. I just have to apply the brakes and its a pretty loud tick tick type noise from what sounds like both sides now.

I wish I could put sound to words a bit better to describe the issue. Or maybe like a thud thud thud type of noise. Definitely isn't squeaking.

My only guess is I possibly screwed up installing a spring and it popped off. But I don't see how both sides would pop off, and I only did one side at a time so i'd have a reference when changing them out. Possible problem with the brake cylinders? Again, both at once seems a little out there.

Any ideas? Its driving me nuts. Hopefully its not a big problem since I have to go to Brampton 3 times this week for work. Boo!
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA

Messages In This Thread
Oddball Rear Brake Noise I've Never Heard Before - torradan - 07-27-2009, 08:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  svt rear brake question drunkinmonkey 3 2,032 05-23-2013, 12:13 AM
Last Post: GFXjamie