Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ot- Two Cars Stolen In Less Then Two Weeks Apart
mo_focus,Sep 20 2009, 09:44 AM Wrote:Hi, looking for options I guess. My dad's dealership got broken into twice this month and they stole Mazda ProtÃÂgàand Mazda MPV. Cars were cheap, one 2000, other 4000, but its the hassle that he has to go thru that sucks, plus insurance doesn’t really pay much, also they decided to add deductible to them as well so basically it means he is getting jack.

He has camera's installed everywhere but these guys are not kids, they know what they are doing, so i gave him the idea of GPS tracking, maybe that will get them caught. So after venting......

Does anyone know GPS tracking that is cheap to get so he can get them installed in all his cars? I have looked at lot of them online but they are al around 4-500 plus monthly, I’m hoping there are units for around 100-200 that will do the job, doesn’t have to be fancy, they just need to work. Let me know if you know any products like that.

Regards, Mo
[right][snapback]294582[/snapback][/right]

Nothing you can do to keep them out once and for all ?? ... maybe I'm missing something but it seems more logical to spend money to prevent the theft in the first place than to try and get the cars back after they're gone.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
Ot- Two Cars Stolen In Less Then Two Weeks Apart - ZTWsquared - 09-21-2009, 01:04 AM