Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iphone Coming To Bell & Telus Nov '09
A few corrections here, Bellus is launching a completely new 3G UMTS network from the ground up, that has HSPA+, Rogers has a 3G UMTS network with HSPA+ already too, in many areas of the country. There will be no competitive edge now in technology. Bellus has finally caught up.

A mis-conception about Bellus is GSM. Bellus will NOT have a 2G GSM network. so NOPE they will not sell gsm phones and they will NOT pick up any network if you pop your Bellus SIM into a 2G gsm phone like the Origional apple iPhone for example.

The new network is a joint venture between Bell and Telus, its one network, SHARED between two companies bell and telus, hence why its often called the Bellus 3G network. It has equal coverage for both carriers. Much like Fido and Rogers have one network and share coverage.

You want the iPhone? then you can use the iphone now with all 4 of the big players. Yes obviously Bell's Discount brands such as Solo and Virgin will have access to the new 3G network, and you Can use an iphone on it, now we dont know if they will sell one for solo/virgin, but you can definitely use an unlocked one which was purchased elsewhere.

I dont see what the big deal with the iPhone is. Yes it has access to microsoft Exchange, but it does not do push mail like a Black Berry BES server does. People won't be dropping their Bellus CDMA phones for iphones just yet, most ppl i know would chuck their cdma berries for new 3G berries in a heart beat to jump on board to the new UMTS standard.
My other ride is your Mom

Messages In This Thread
Iphone Coming To Bell & Telus Nov '09 - paolo - 10-10-2009, 02:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bell + Telus = Bellus paolo 0 1,139 06-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Last Post: paolo