Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iphone Coming To Bell & Telus Nov '09
yeah, I've had Rogers cancel all of my services while I was away on vacation once. Nothing like coming home to no phone or TV.

And yeah, I've had Bell break my internet on occasion whenever a tech comes and tries to hook someone's voice circuit to my dry loop circuit.

The end result, which many have stated, is that all of these media companies have terrible service.

What most people don't understand is why...

For any given teleco or cable company, there is a nearly infinitely huge infrastructure, a huge number of service providers that they integrate with, and contractors that do the work...

So I can pretty much guarantee that everyone is going to have a bad experience from time to time with their carriers... it's nearly inevitable considering what they're trying to support for the population.

And each company is going to do it's best to retain you as a customer as well -- I've received free months of service from both Bell and Rogers.

In the end, check what coverage you want. There's lots of areas that still support one provider better than the other... don't wait for a company's 4 year plan to come into effect either -- I tried that with Fido -- and instead of growing their network in 4 years, they dropped their roaming agreements and hamstrung me to the GTA.

So, if you're a long time customer of one provider, and you're happy with your service, stick with them -- or talk to their customer retention folks.

The big thing about the iPhone coming to other networks is that it eliminates the monopoly on the 'must have' tech toy that one carrier currently enjoys.

On the note of Bell dumping their old technology -- they'll do it a lot slower than Rogers did, that's for sure... they still support analog in areas, even though Rogers has long ago turned off all of their analog towers.

I can pretty much guarantee that the Bell transitions will run longer than they say... so if you're happy with your old phones, you likely don't have much to worry about.

Another note.. I wouldn't compare the Bellus agreement to the Fido-rogers deal. Fido is owned by Rogers. It's more like Solo is owned by Bell and Koodoo is owned by Telus, and Bell and Telus are teaming up to bend Rogers over a barrel.

It's a deal to win your business, not your benefit.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Messages In This Thread
Iphone Coming To Bell & Telus Nov '09 - darkpuppet - 10-15-2009, 05:27 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bell + Telus = Bellus paolo 0 1,137 06-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Last Post: paolo