Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For The Video Schmees...
MTS is a container for various types of video. It could contain h.264 or AVCHD(SP?) encoded files... along with any type of audio codec.

If you want to see what's inside your MTS files, you can pick up something like tsMuxeR .. but chances are the highest quality video is locked away fine and dandy in those mts files... so you don't want to convert if you don't have to.

That being said, chances are you're going to have scenarios where you're going to have your video lying in pieces -- you can join them with tsMuxeR or TSSplitter --

if you want to do just plain old conversion, I've been swearing by Winnydows' XviD4PSP -- it'll convert any video file to any format you want... you'll also have to install AVISynth -- but most of the free programs out there use AVISynth as their base.

I really like xvid4psp -- it has preset profiles that are good for 95% of the populace out there, but for people like me, with a lot of processing power, and a bit of time, it can do a remarkable job of transcoding to whatever format you like.

I haven't looked into DivX converter for m2ts files... but if it supports it, it would provide one button conversion to divx.. which ain't too shabby.

lot's of choices -- all depends on what kind of pains you're willing to deal with. I personally am very happy with xvid4psp -- it does pretty much everything and offers a decent GUI to work with.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Messages In This Thread
For The Video Schmees... - Drivesthebeast - 10-23-2009, 11:48 AM
For The Video Schmees... - NefCanuck - 10-23-2009, 11:54 AM
For The Video Schmees... - darkpuppet - 10-23-2009, 12:31 PM
For The Video Schmees... - Scorcher000 - 10-23-2009, 10:21 PM