Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving Hatch Reverse Lights To Look Euro
Focus man, Focus.,Mar 22 2010, 07:14 PM Wrote:I picked up a set of very small fog lights at princess auto that are small enough to mount under the rear bumper.  That got me to thinking about modding my existing tail light housings to a euro style set-up.  To do this I would have to move the turn signal function of the tail light to the reverse light hole.  I know Ken was working on something like this for his Fusion but I never heard how he made out after seeing the trailer wiring harness and replacement tail lamps last summer. 

So for those that have done the REAL Euro swap, what needed to be done to the wiring to move the signal bulbs and reverse lights?
[right][snapback]303707[/snapback][/right]

There's an electronic trailer wiring module that changes a "one-bulb" tail / brake / turn system into a "two-bulb" system ... sort of the reverse of the typical module you find in crappy tire etc, that allows "one bulb" trailer lights to work with "two-bulb" cars.

I bought one to use on the Fusion but never got around to it ... and will now use it to wire the Euro tails I got for the Focus.

Oh, and BTW - LOL - I bought two to them just because they were hard to find and the shipping was the same for one as for two.

I might be persuaded to part for my extra one if you think it's what you need ... and it is.

EDIT: and yeah, I did the wiring mod at the GEM thing to wire the Euro tails on the '07 wagon ... it was a pain in the butt and would have been a nightmare to reverse ... that's why I looked for an alternative for the Fusion, and that's how I came up with the module mentioned above. It's wired at the rear of the car at the lights and is easily reversed if needed.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
Moving Hatch Reverse Lights To Look Euro - ZTWsquared - 03-23-2010, 10:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Euro Spec Tail Lights drunkinmonkey 17 6,519 09-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Last Post: faster_than_u
  Oem Euro Lights And A Few Other Pix. faster_than_u 10 3,071 01-21-2009, 04:00 AM
Last Post: faster_than_u
  Best Place For Euro Body Parts & Lights Drivesthebeast 7 2,406 11-29-2004, 03:47 PM
Last Post: ZX3TUNING