Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Suspension Problem, Need Some Advice
tetra,Apr 7 2010, 05:14 PM Wrote:I posted this on FF and got a bit of advice, but I wanted to know what you guys think. So I have a 1.5" FRPP drop. Since last weekend, I've been hearing a noise coming from the front somewhere. It's kind of like a creaking noise. When I crank my wheel from one side to the other, like positioning myself to backup, that is when the sound is the worst. When I go slow and straight, if I go over a few bumps I can hear it. It almost sounds as if something is loose. The car still handles well and I don't feel anything else besides that.

I don't have jacks and stuff unfortunately to check, I will have to arrange something I guess. I will probably go into a dealer but I'm afraid if it's suspension related or CV joints or something they will give me a hard time because of the drop. This really sucks.
[right][snapback]304732[/snapback][/right]

Did you also install front camber plates when you dropped it? If so your spring might have slipped out of the strut bearing and the noise you're hearing could be the spring itself or the strut bearing beginning to fail.

Edit: I see the strut bearing was already mentioned.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
Suspension Problem, Need Some Advice - ZTWsquared - 04-08-2010, 09:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aww S***! Suspension Problem! konafocuswrc 22 6,730 05-28-2008, 03:10 PM
Last Post: konafocuswrc
  Suspension Problem focusonthis_88 6 3,183 05-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Last Post: naz