Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wideband O2 Sensor Location Zetec header
(06-14-2010, 12:58 AM)hardk0re Wrote: I did some WOT logs of sensor before and after CAT and it was about 2/10ths off the A/F. Wasn't really that bad, this is once the engine was warm. Before it was warmed up the wideband readouts looked way off.

What I would do is use a blockoffplate for the EGR, grind off the EGR port on the CAT and weld in a bung there for the wideband. I don't have a pic of the stock cat here but that to me is the easiest. I think in the header is real tight to put a bung in to get accurate readings. you want it slightly down from the connector to ensure your reading the a/f from all cylinders.

Also FYI: SVT header will not work well at the bottom flange, due to the collector design down there.

Thanks guys ... and Jamie it's the Zetec header, otherwise I think I'd have more options ... hadn't thought of blocking off the EGR because the Jackson racing has the fittings for that ... might also work to lower IAT's ... I can't picture how much further down that would be though
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wideband O2 Sensor Location Zetec header - ZTWsquared - 06-14-2010, 06:04 AM