Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanna Do Something With The Hatch Lid
Ok Guys I got bored of the way the stock hatchlid looked. SO I started to screw around with it. I tried contact cementing leatherette to it but that was somewhat of a disaster because the leather would not sit without bunching up. I tried spray painting it but the glue from the contact cement made a disasterous design and it just looked like s**t. I was thinking maybe I could put a JL Audio logo on it perhaps or something to make it look different from stock. Also since I do have a sub would putting some sort of sound deadening material under the cover make any sort of difference?

I need some ideas on what to do about this because I want to do something original. I was thinking of maybe fibreglassing it and then painting it, or maybe using bondo on it and sanding it smooth and then painting it. Not sure which would work better.

I've never worked with fibreglass either so I'm not sure what I need or exactly what steps are involved with the whole glassing process. If anyone could point me to a how to it would be greatly appreciated.

Or if bondo is a better idea then what can I do with that? Do I just spread the bondo on and then sand the s**t out of it?

Give me some ideas guys on what to do.

Messages In This Thread
Wanna Do Something With The Hatch Lid - MAlby7 - 02-25-2005, 03:03 PM
Wanna Do Something With The Hatch Lid - 01-yellow-ZX3 - 02-25-2005, 04:05 PM