Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track Car Transformation nearly complete
(06-27-2010, 02:06 AM)hardk0re Wrote: where did you finally mount the wideband sensor?

Using the SVT header made the wideband sensor easier ... I put the bung right at the end of the header (had to cut a bit of the separator plate ... that gave me the right distance from the block and it is amazingly easy to get to, if and when I need to change it. I kept both stock O2 sensors, but of course had to do the EGR delete. Thanks again for the SVT cat - made the SVT header doable and affordable.

Nik ... it is running really lean so I dare not push it on the track until I get a proper tune. Having said that ... the "mail order" tune Pat at Steeda gave me has the car idling and running fine ... just need to dyno tune for safety and power now, and that happens this week. But this year for sure I'll see you at the track ... I'm also missing a BMW meet this weekend at Shannonville.

Mike ... that actually is a stock SVT intake that comes with the big blower kit ... under hood temps are problematic with JRSC and they say this is the best solution ... frankly, it came with the JRSC and I didn't want to stretch the budget further for a true CAI ... the shorty ones apparently create additional problems with IATs - especially with extended WOT such as at the track.

Anthony ... thanks for the generous offer - I hope someday to take you up on it ... it sure is in need of some TLC in that department.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
RE: Track Car Transformation nearly complete - ZTWsquared - 06-27-2010, 03:01 AM