Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
modification friendly insurance?
(07-16-2010, 03:36 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: 1 thing i can try is..
i didn't let belair know my information but what modification is acceptable..

so before august 1st, i will have to go to junk yard or wreck yard and buy back seat and back panel. put that back on, and go with belair and only tell them that rbc are cancelling my policy because of steerin wheel..

Just be aware, as I said before, that insurance companies freely share information with each other about policy holders, and especially those they have cancelled ... so it probably doesn't matter what you tell them, they will go with RBC's info first.

My advice is this ... get back to RBC and tell them that you didn't know that what you did to the car would get you cancelled ... ask what it would take to get them to rescind the cancellation ... and then do it - you've still got a couple of months IIRC.

If the agent you're talking to can't help, then escalate up the food chain into management ... and if that doesn't help, ask if RBC has an ombudsman and talk to them ... and if that doesn't work, talk to the insurance industry ombudsman.

Your absolute best chance of coming out of this unscathed is to get RBC to take you back ... because then they will never have dumped you and that will never be on your insurance record.

In the long run this will save you thousands and maybe even tens of thousands in premiums - even if your RBC premiums go up ... the last thing you want on your insurance record is having been dumped ... it's almost like having a criminal record and a bad credit rating all in one.

My advice FWIW.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
RE: modification friendly insurance? - ZTWsquared - 07-16-2010, 12:24 PM