Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New job! and in need of safety harness
(07-19-2010, 03:05 AM)torradan Wrote: Any ideas? Sparky maybe?

Sorry, man; I can't even if I wanted to. At Ford our harnesses are serial numbered and tracked -- to get a new one you have to turn the old one in -- not to mention that "A" if something were to happen to you and the ministry tracked the number it would eventually get back to me and I'd get fired for theft and "B" if you were to remove the number you could get fined by the ministry.

You can go here:

Safety Superstore

Mississauga / Oakville
3425 - 7 Laird Road
Mississauga, Ontario
L5L 5R8

Tel: 1-877-399-4438 (toll free)
Tel: (905) 828-7233

http://industrialsafetyplus.com/

I've dealt with them for hearing protection but they sell harnesses too. I think they start at $90 for a decent one.

If I could give you some advice, is

(1) make sure that you buy the same manufacturer harness and lanyard -- they're made to work together and there are cases where different manufacturers, because of differing design, that the lanyard and harness can actually SEPARATE(!) (called twist-out). They are designed as a SET so don't cheap out that way.

(2) if you are doing a lot of basket/picker work and you can afford it get a retractable lanyard; it's worth the money not to get yanked in the back when you forget you're tied off and run out of slack on a solid lanyard.

Good luck.

Edit: Added the website link
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*

Messages In This Thread
RE: New job! and in need of safety harness - OAC_Sparky - 07-19-2010, 03:35 PM