Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange things been happening.
If it was the alternator then 1 of two things can happen.

1. You start to loose all power, the ABS and Trac Ctrl lights will come on, then the gauges will die, then the radio, then the car lol. This would indicate the alternator has died

2. Your gauges max out (Speedo, Tach, Temp, Gas) and you would probably hear a bad buzzing noise from stereo. This would be alternator overcharging the system eventually cooking itself

With that being said, I think your alternator is ok Kev. A fried battery would indicate a no start situation after you leave the car sitting for some time (for example overnight) or even sometimes immediatly. I would keep an eye on the situation. I would say your best bet is to try re-flashing the computer in hopes that this will take this problem away. If not I would grab a spare computer from the wreckers for $50 and keep it in the car should you suddenly get stranded one day. Just a few suggestions to keep you moving, if you have any questions shoot me a PM.

- Matt
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strange things been happening. - Burnin21 - 10-12-2010, 11:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One Of Our Members Has Big Things Happening! FociPhil 11 3,233 06-30-2005, 06:56 AM
Last Post: Burnin21