Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bought a part out car of kijiji
I hope you got the center exhaust too, actually the whole exhaust. If you plan on putting in the svt header then you'll need either the SVT cat + Flex or a ORP/Flex combo, ideally if you had the full exhaust that the guy had then your golden.

Same with the SVT transmission theres some complications on speed position sensor, so you need to work those kinks out, and keep in mind the 5Spd MTX you currently have has a Torsen LSD, 4.06 Gearing, personally I think thats a better setup than the stock Getrag 6Spd. Shifting however is smoother its a toss up for me when I hit it hard into a corner the LSD really helped, now typically the inside tire breaks loose and its a total pain. I've got a LSD in a box waiting to install just this stock svtf clutch is still holding strong at 140,000 and no signs of giving up.

You should look into getting the rear subframe and brake components, I think the car needs that more than the larger front brakes.

For $500 I guess its a decent deal, IMO the F2 rear bumper was a better bumper and the MTX in there has an LSD. If it was a direct swap I would swap out my 6spd for a 5spd with LSD anyday. Each to his own I guess, if everybody liked the same thing did the same thing life would be pretty boring.

Just my 0.02

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bought a part out car of kijiji - hardk0re - 12-20-2010, 11:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Svt Part Out On Kijiji! castone 15 5,126 04-02-2010, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Jmountney1