Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My stereo as it currently sits
FutureShop Oshawa gave me close to cost prices.
It is THEIR installation bay that is half assed.

when they installed the 0 gauge in my car (not something I was interested in doing myself at the time), to ground it, the installer drilled 3 screws around my gold connector into the floor of my trunk.

Maybe I don't know much about sound installation, but WTF? 2nd, he didn't even coat it, there were 3 holes just waiting to rust out. The next problem with this is that the wires had 0.8ohms of resistance where I was told a very MAX is 0.05, and 0.02 is common/ok.

I think I'm eventually going to go back to the trunk and have a bolt welded there instead and just bolt the gold connector to it... anyway, my amp was clipping so I took it in to FutureShop Ottawa @ Merivale and the installer redid that part of the installation over, sprayed the floor of the trunk with I assume paint or some sort of rust inhibitor around where the drill marks were. also changed the gold connector to a better suited one and I've never had clipping issues with the amp ever since.

Forgot to mention the gold connector, where it was drilled into the trunk, was very hot when I took it in.

The boyo reverse camera I have in my car flickers every time the bass punches. He must've used power off the amp or something but it's not awful, just annoying.

The deck, well you read my story.

FutureShop Ottawa @ Merivale has been great about it. Their General Manager saw the H/U install too and he was going WTF too so I know that I'll end up leaving there with a way better install.

FS @ South Keys I don't know anything about them.

FS Oshawa @ Taunton, I am apparently the first person in 2 years to complain about the installer.

FS @ Merivale has a wall decorated in awards. I didn't look closely at them but there were a few. They too have their own installation bays.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver

Messages In This Thread
My stereo as it currently sits - Mystake - 10-05-2010, 11:28 AM
RE: My stereo as it currently sits - paolo - 11-10-2010, 10:20 AM
RE: My stereo as it currently sits - Mystake - 01-13-2011, 03:02 AM