Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
07 zx3... Where to start???
(02-13-2011, 01:02 PM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: Hey all, so I just registered on this site. Been on ff for a little while, had no idea this website existed. So I'm in the process of purchasing an 07 zx3 with the street appearance package and 44000 kms. The car is completely stock and I'm trying to just figure out where to start with engine mods. I work at MBRP exhaust so I don't need to worry about an exhaust... Also have my Sri picked out from steeda, picking up the cfm 67mm throttle body when I do that. Eventually I'm hoping to turbo it eventually. I know everyone has there own opinions of where to start, wanna know where everyone else would start.. And if there's any quality Canadian suppliers?

Lots of hook ups for parts here ... check out the group buy options to see some past examples.

As to mods, here's my priority list:

1) Upgrade brakes - the SVT front brakes easily fit your car without the need to change knuckles and the SVT rear disc brakes are an excellent upgrade too. Ford racing has inexpensive kits for both.

2) Suspension ... you're gonna have to drop that bad boy. Excellent kits from Ford Racing and Eibach are inexpensive and there are also good choices for coil-overs if you want to go that route. Increasing the stiffness of the rear sway bar is easy and inexpensive, and although the front sway should be changed it requires the front subframe to be dropped so it's a lot more labour intensive.

3) Rims and rubber.

4) Now you're ready for boost. If you're really intent on boost you should hold off on things like intake and throttle body and make it an integrated effort.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
07 zx3... Where to start??? - MuskokaZX3 - 02-13-2011, 01:02 PM
RE: 07 zx3... Where to start??? - ZTWsquared - 02-13-2011, 02:33 PM
RE: 07 zx3... Where to start??? - Spinal - 02-15-2011, 04:37 AM
RE: 07 zx3... Where to start??? - GFXjamie - 02-16-2011, 09:19 AM