Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water in the rockers
Where/how would it get in there? For the first time ever I heard water swishing around from what sounded to be underneath the passenger floor.

Got home, lay down underneath the car and I got water coming out of some holes that were factory drilled into the underbody.

Driver side is COMPLETELY dry, passenger side is noticeably wet. Near those holes, if I stick my finger in them (this is starting to get dirty) and shake it around I can feel water, and enough of it that it drips down my hand.

It's rained a lot over the past 2 days but I haven't driven at all... so where should I start looking for why there is water in the rockers/underbody?
any info on underbody coating?

mine seems to have either a ton of buildup or some rubbery stuff. I jacked the back of my focus up in the air so that it's leaning forward and yep, water's coming out of the rockers especially the right side.

it's not a ton, but it's some.

i looked underneath and couldn't find the rocker drains. but i can't figure out what is coated on the bottom of my focus.
i found a spot that seemed to be where the water was coming from so I started picking away at the undercoating and ended up finding nothing underneath it.

all i found was these... parallelogram shaped holes that were filled in, about 1inch long and 1/4inch wide. There were a few of them but I didn't count em. Are those supposed to be the drains?
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver

Messages In This Thread
Water in the rockers - Mystake - 05-16-2011, 08:20 AM
RE: Water in the rockers - Mystake - 05-16-2011, 09:21 AM
RE: Water in the rockers - moon111 - 05-16-2011, 09:52 AM
RE: Water in the rockers - castone - 05-16-2011, 11:43 AM
RE: Water in the rockers - Mystake - 05-16-2011, 07:35 PM
RE: Water in the rockers - castone - 05-16-2011, 09:01 PM
RE: Water in the rockers - Mystake - 05-17-2011, 04:17 AM
RE: Water in the rockers - Mystake - 05-23-2011, 09:25 AM