Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anything I should know about '04 ZX5s?
(05-25-2011, 01:01 AM)blackbirdphoto Wrote: "feels like the engine goes up and down on power ... " that what it feels like @ 2000 rpm or higher..
The check engine light just popped on today as I was on the 403 . ( yay..)
So I'm going to replace the fuel filter and the air filter, even if thats not the cause of the problems, won't hurt to replace them condering I'm @ 228,200k.
Any brands you would recommend? I was looking @ Fram, yay/nay?
Spark plugs were just replaced with new wires, but the (stealer)dealership put some cheap-o max power wires, so god knows what brand the plugs are...
again recommend any good plugs? I'm thinking MSD wires...
Thanks for the help! Smile

Sorry, I don't know why but I thought your car was an '05 ... since it's a Zetec you might also consider the DPFE as a potential problem too.

Motorcraft (Ford) are the best plugs IMO, but pricey ... otherwise any brand name is good, although I would steer away from the Plus 4s - I had a bad experience with them.

If you're going to spend big-money on MSD wires, you're better off going to Magnecor - they will essentially give you full power for the rest of the cars life.

Fram filters are good - for oil and air ... I personally go for the Motorcraft but I bring them up cheap from the states; there are a couple of premium brands out there, but if you change your filters regularly most people consider it overkill.

Where are you located ... any of our members with an SCT XCal2 or 3 (lots of us) can read the code for you (give you a head start with the service folks) ... if you're near Brampton I could do it for you.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anything I should know about '04 ZX5s? - ZTWsquared - 05-25-2011, 11:13 AM