Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pony in the Stable ... (Warning: Thar be pics har!)
Thanks, everyone. I'm really happy with her.

(06-30-2011, 09:12 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: BTW - I seem to recall a very cold and windy day at the intersection of 5 and 6 when you told me that when this day came you would be selling me the ST. Huh
Well I wrestled over putting the Focus up for sale, but between what I felt I can get for it, and what it's worth to me I figured that it was better to keep it as a daily driver and if it's still reliable in 2 years when my oldest boy graduates from university that I'd give it to him to drive until he gets established.

I mean, it's good for me but there are a few aspects with the car that detracts from an asking price.
The negative:
  • the big one: It's been in 5 accidents, 4 in the last 2 years (none of which were my fault). Most of them were minor but there was one good one.
  • It has 175,000 km on it
  • It needs two from stabilizer pins and a new battery
  • The HVAC damper is a bit sticky but I'm too uninspired to pull the dash to fix it.
The positive:
  • The engine was replaced under warranty at 130,000km
  • I sprung for a new clutch when they had the engine out.
  • The body's in good shape (partly because of good collision work lol)
  • Apart from needing two new stabilizer pins and a battery, mechanically it's good.
  • Good on gas (way better than the truck)
So yeah, I figured it's not worth much; but it's good for work, for driving to places where I'd be worried to leave the Mustang (think Costco on a weekend), and when they destroy the highway between Hamilton and Oakville. And it keeps miles off the Mustang.

(07-01-2011, 06:50 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: Should bring that mustang up to Huntsville and get an MBRP 5.0 catted h-pipe and street system!!! Really make 'er pop!!!
I'd consider it but for now I have the GT500 axle-backs and rear diffuser to go on. The Cobra mufflers have a nice quiet low rumble until you really get on it. I have to avoid getting too loud; my next door neighbour is a cop in his 30s who's always out polishing his S2000. He's been giving me the green stink-eye since I brought it home.

(07-01-2011, 08:11 AM)dBlast Wrote: Needs a drop though...

It's on the to-do list but not until I have it pulled off the road for the '12-'13 winter. I'm looking at a 1" drop, some adjustable struts and a FAYS2 Watt's link. This winter is a little too soon, a lot of the 5.0 stuff is still in development and I want to see what shakes out to be the best setup.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Pony in the Stable ... (Warning: Thar be pics har!) - OAC_Sparky - 07-01-2011, 10:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pics Of A Friends Tiburon ! 56k Warning ! ZX3guy2000 11 3,342 07-15-2008, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Flofocus
  Pics Of My 05 Warning 56k 05zx5 11 2,875 05-30-2005, 04:34 PM
Last Post: ZTS_DJ
  Pics Of My Car Finally (56k Warning) habmann 20 7,582 04-15-2005, 01:40 AM
Last Post: habmann