Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BMW advanced driving school - Calabogie
(08-17-2011, 11:59 AM)NefCanuck Wrote: Only corner at Mosport that I'm not confident on is Moss Corner (5a & 5b) I don't know if it's me not wanting to harm the car or the car just doesn't like getting whipsawed around like that but I can only nail the driving line at speed maybe 60% of the time, but oh when I nail it and then add throttle the car roars like a lion about to have a meal Big Grin

NefCanuck

Could be the instructor too ... I know from all my BMW events and the SVTOA ones that guys who drive RWD all the time just can't wrap their head around the different line that a FWD car takes - especially 5a and b ... and I assume it's the same for AWD as well.

What I tell my instructors now is basically ... I'm going to do my own thing at Moss and please reserve judgement until you see my exit speed going into 6 ... now it's one of my favourite and most successful corners and the instructors just shake their head.

Flo - I recogized the starter in your video so it seems the Patroon boys were up again from NY ... I'm sorry I missed this years event, but the new track rat isn't supercharged yet and NA just isn't fun any more.

Calabogie is one of my all-time favourite tracks even though my brain has trouble memorizing all those turns ... last time there I ran intermediate and was given solo status after the first two runs - and yup, it's all about smoothness and consistency and energy management ... IIRC an extra 5kph out of a corner is equivalent to an extra 100 hp on the straight - so there's no way to overestimate the importance of carrying momentum in and out of a corner.

Glad you had a good time - perhaps we'll see each other next year.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
RE: BMW advanced driving school - Calabogie - ZTWsquared - 08-17-2011, 04:33 PM