Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just read this Short Take on C+D.com
I have a 2012 SEL sedan. Just a couple of points, if I may.......the SEL does come in a manual, otherwise, why did I have to pay extra for the automatic? At least in Canada it does. It doe take a bit of getting used to the automatic, as it is programmed for fuel economy, but, if you put it in "sport mode", the shifts are much better.I'm averaging 650 to 700 kms per tank, depending on how disciplined I am that week. The "power shift" is okay, but, not a manual. I have found the car to be fantastic car to drive, both highway, and local. It doesn't feel as "throwable" as my 2000 ZTS, or that could just be the fact that the 2012 is a much better chassis.In Canada, you do get heated seats, mirrors etc, when ordering the SE sports appearance package. I looked at the SE and the SEL, and with the stuff I wanted on the car, dics brakes all round, dual zone temperature control, turn signal indicators in the mirrors, heated seats, mirrors, it was just a bit more to buy the SEL ($100.00). The looks are in the eye of the beholder, I have yet to have someone say it's ugly, or plain. The car does get noticed, it stands out in the crowd. A friend of mine, ( yes, I have one, or two ) went to his local Ford store and test drove a Titanium, and loved it. However, if I was just looking at a Focus for the sheer fun of a manual, either wait for the ST or get a barebones S or and SE. With the S and SE, without the sports appearance package, the rear brakes are still drums....I don't know why though. NOS2Go4Me........go order one...
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just read this Short Take on C+D.com - oldeguy - 09-29-2011, 11:12 PM