Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just read this Short Take on C+D.com
(09-30-2011, 11:01 PM)oldeguy Wrote:
(09-30-2011, 10:33 PM)Flofocus Wrote: Good post oldeguy! I will be doing exactly that when the ST comes out! I'm actually really looking forward to it hitting our dealerships.

Thanks,
It looks like OAC_Sparky is a prophetic person. Afterall, he was always reminding us that people would be complaining about the price of a european ST if it came over. Now that it's coming, I can hear everyone say " I'm not paying that for a Focus"

The pricing will be important, if this starts at 32k, it will have tough competition with Subaru's WRX. It will come down to whether you are deadset on the AWD, or want a more refined interior. Another thing that will be key to paying attention to is the aftermarket for it. Subaru has a huge following, like I said above, its very easy to get serious horses out of the WRX and STI platforms. A 250 horse focus hatch will be fun for most, but I want 350-400. Will it be able to be tuned to that level without touching internals, and be reliable at the same time? Thats something I'm interested in knowing and will have to wait a couple of years after it is here to find out.

Another car I have my eye on is the new Subaru, Toyota RWD coupe that should be coming out. I wouldn't say its direct competition to the focus ST, but the 2 will be compared by me.

Nik - I heard it will be coming spring 2012.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just read this Short Take on C+D.com - Flofocus - 09-30-2011, 11:36 PM