Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rough idle - only when wet weather
Hmm. So, I keep trying to think if I had this issue before with the SPI. Can't recall if it's the same.

Once the engine heats up and it's set to idle at 650 or so (have to check tune params), it just will NOT idle smoothly. This is a big contrast to days ago when it was hot (literally) and dry out - idling once warmed up, or cold, was always smooth as silk.

Last night it actually died on me once while idling - sounded like a wild-cammed monster before it did. No CELs, and as soon as you give it ANY throttle it's fine. Played with it some, it pulls as hard as it did the other day when it was idling fine.

Ideas? I checked the MAF cable (no cracks) and made sure it was seated nicely on the sensor itself. Checked the spark plug wires (new, no cracks), made sure they were seated fine on each end. Fuel filter is new, plugs are new. Just had an oil change. Nothing has changed parts-wise since it ran well earlier in the week. Haven't touched the tune or optional parameters either. I am considering raising the idle speed to 750 to see if that makes a difference.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
Rough idle - only when wet weather - NOS2Go4Me - 10-14-2011, 09:26 PM