Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rough idle - only when wet weather
there's a couple of ways. Cut a garden hose, put one end to your ear and the other around the hoses, you would hear the leak in the hose...that's the way I do it, but I actually have a mechanics device for it, use it to listen to wheel bearings and such, but the hose way is the ghetto way.

You can also spray break cleaner around the hoses while the engine is running, and from what I was told, if the idle raises while spraying, you have found the leak.

I also forgot to mention that when I originally did the wires to the coil pack, I had pulled the spark plug wires to check on the plugs themselves. i found that each chamber was FULL of water, that couldn't have been good for my engine's performance. I read that you checked the spark plug wires, but if you haven't done so already, actually pull the plug boots off the wire to check for water in there. Also check the tips of ALL the plugs, if any of them have a little rust build up, your getting moisture in there somehow and that will cause bad performance.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rough idle - only when wet weather - Flofocus - 10-20-2011, 04:24 AM