Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rough idle - only when wet weather
Hey Nate - I really should have checked in earlier, eh? Thanks for the ideas, man!

Oscar and I worked on it on Saturday to no avail. I didn't check the plug wires at all (physically removing them), I just ensured that they were snugged to the tops of the plugs and coilpack.

I'll check today for that water issue, and failing that I might start pulling plugs. The really odd part is that at speed, it has TONS of balls. By that, I mean I was "moving" Wink on Saturday as we took a quick trip to the camp in Powassan. At idle or really light loads, it either bogs bad (idle) or misses sporadically. At in-town and especially highway cruise speeds, no missing is audible / detectable and it pulls with authority when fed more throttle - no hesitation or surging, the powerband is as I recall it.

It DID toss a P0171 - Sys Too Lean 1 code (which I've left for now), finally, but that could be so many things right now it's not funny. Upside: I have the 30lb injectors I got from Kev a while back in the basement. I could always swap injectors and have Randy send me a new tune file if required because of the increased flow over duty cycle times (right?).

Failing that, it could still be bad gas (down to 1/2 tank now, but should run like s**t at WOT, no?), clogged fuel filter (unlikely, but possible. Current filter has less than 15k on it), bad wires (brand new, but see water issue - will check), sparkplugs (as new as above, will check), vacuum lines (for some reason this is sticking out to me), MAF sensor (would likely kark my top-end as well as idle).

Also, we flashed back to stock tune - still idled with bad missing. Flashed back to FSW tune - same thing again. So, that's right out.

Will keep posting updates.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rough idle - only when wet weather - NOS2Go4Me - 10-24-2011, 09:12 PM