Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I Came Up With A Wacky Idea...
I've decided to bring in a spare set of headlight assemblies and Nite-shade them. Starting with one good (hopefully), uniform coat, I can see how dark I can get them without blocking much of the beam. I figure two good coats ought to be enough for a good look and still allow proper light transmission. This is NOT from firsthand experience alone, but also from others on Focus boards using different light sources (headlights, tails, corners, grille signals).

Also, I'll be wiring up a 12V external power supply to test and see how much light they pass at night... switch and all. Cool eh? :) 12V is my favourite place to play when it comes to modding... easy to set-up and break down, easy to work with.

What do you think?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
So I Came Up With A Wacky Idea... - NOS2Go4Me - 03-18-2005, 02:00 AM
So I Came Up With A Wacky Idea... - dBlast - 03-18-2005, 04:01 AM
So I Came Up With A Wacky Idea... - guilty - 03-18-2005, 09:43 AM