Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a little reminder why to buy oem replacement parts
(09-12-2012, 09:20 PM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: As a heads up for those who don't know already, Tousley Ford in the US carries all the OEM parts at a significant savings. The downside is the shipping to Canada, which they have little control over.

Two ways around that, though; the easiest being having it shipped to a friend that can bring it over, the second is shipping it to the UPS depot in Niagara Falls (6601 Packard Rd) and pick it up (it's about 5 minutes from either the Queenston-Lewiston or the Rainbow bridge). If you ship it to the depot, it's sent as "customer hold"; they'll call you when the package gets there and you have to show your ID (ie passport) to get it.

To give you an idea, when the A/C clutch on my Ranger went, they wanted $240 for the assembly here (and you'll have to strip and install it from the compressor yourself). For $230 shipped I got a whole new OEM compressor with the clutch installed, oiled and ready to install. While I was over I bought enough cans of R134a refrigerant (THE REAL STUFF, not the Red Tek fake stuff) and then saved another $20 filling the truck's fuel tank.

New adjustable Mustang headrests ($117 vs $240 ea), California Special valance ($195 vs $350), etc. You generally save between 25-50%.

Over the years doing this ^^ I've saved thousands of dollars and it's now to the point where I go down to the US every couple of weeks.

So if anyone wants to ship something to Niagara Falls and wants me to bring it back for them, let me know; for a modest compensation (much less than the cost of gas to and from) I will pick it up, clear customs and bring it back to the GTA for you. I also have an address you can use.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
RE: a little reminder why to buy oem replacement parts - ZTWsquared - 09-12-2012, 09:37 PM