Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some advice on exporting a bike from USA
Found a new toy in US and A for a good price with waaaay lower miles. Been doing a lot of reading on the web of how to export it through Lewiston bridge.
I want those with experience to check if I'm missing something.

(Done) First of all I checked if the bike is admissible and can be modified to meet Canadian requirements by checking Transport Canada’s List of Admissible Vehicles. Checked http://www.riv.ca (1-888-848-8240) and yes even called them to double check. Good to go.

(Done) Sent information about the bike to buffalovinnyoffice@dhs.gov
All that included was that it is motorcycle, make, model, color, year, VIN #.
With in an hour I got a reply back from boarder that bike is OK to be brought over the boarder.

So at this point if I pick up the bike the following I need to show at the boarder. Title documents, registration and sales receipts (bill of sale?)
Then pay some HST at Canadian side.

(Needs to be done) Not needed at the boarder but going to request today. Contact the original equipment manufacturer or authorized dealer of this bike to obtain a recall clearance letter (YOU MUST HAVE THIS DOCUMENT IN ORDER TO PASS THE FEDERAL INSPECTION).
So basically I'm going to call USA Honda today to request this letter. Hopefully it's done via email.

When I called the boarder they made it sound way too easy. I hope that's how it is.

What am I missing?

Thanks
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike

Messages In This Thread
Need some advice on exporting a bike from USA - NikiterZTS - 09-25-2012, 11:24 PM