Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some advice on exporting a bike from USA
(09-26-2012, 05:00 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote:
(09-26-2012, 04:37 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote:
(09-26-2012, 04:36 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote:
(09-26-2012, 04:17 AM)hardk0re Wrote: Nice bike Smile If you wait a few months the 600's usually drop by a grand or more in Canada. Due to winter Big Grin But then again if you get it here now you've got a good amount of riding time left.

I don't understand how people can buy nice bikes and then only put under 5k on them over 5 years. If I had a nicer bike i'm sure i'd have put more miles on mine. So far i'm at 15k this year until the salt gets deployed.....

Actually prices started to drop already. I'm only looking for really good deals. But trust me I'm not the only one out there hunting one down.

Nik- make sure you read my post above ^^^

Thing is I did call the head office of US Honda. And the documented my call as "grey market". That VIN is in their system with that notice.
Can I honestly say that I f'ed myself up on this?

Now I told the seller to call and speak to their supervisor again requesting it as if US citizen buyer wants this paper.

I knew everything was going way too smooth Sad

Thing is Nik - if the dealership creates the recall clearance letter for you, you don't need Honda US. So what if they have it listed as "grey market" - that doesn't prevent it from being exported to Canada - although you might get some grief on warranty repairs.

The only thing RIV needs to know is if there are any outstanding recalls and it seems pretty clear that any authorized dealer in the US can provide that.

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need some advice on exporting a bike from USA - ZTWsquared - 09-26-2012, 05:13 AM