Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SVT Contour- What are they worth?
(10-06-2012, 02:07 AM)striker Wrote: Hey guys-

I wanted to see if you know roughly what they value's of these cars are nowadays. I recently heard of a SVTC for sale with under 75K's on her, never seen a winter, bone bone stock and the car is MEGA clean top to bottom. Zero rust anywhere.

What would be a good deal for such a car?

Thanks in advance!

The youngest Contour in Canada is now 13 to 14 years old, and while desirable the SVT is not particularly collectible. You could never get a loan to buy such a car and repair parts are already becoming hard to get, especially for the SVT.

On the other side of the coin there is still a small but active core of CSVT enthusiasts here and south of the border and even by today's standards they are a blast to drive.

As for what it's worth the industry basically says next to nothing; Canadian black book doesn't go older than 2000 - so in a sense the answer is whatever you're willing to pay.

A low mileage regular Contour could be had for less than 1k - I wouldn't pay more than 3 for the SVT you describe above - but remember, that's just me.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
RE: SVT Contour- What are they worth? - ZTWsquared - 10-06-2012, 06:22 AM